Tuesday 30 June 2015

Backstage Access!

Hi,chums sorry I haven't been posting on here a lot recently but I have been on stage. And today I intend to tell you all about the happenings of the four shows that i performed in recently. You have (kind of) got a VIP backstage pass to the 'Night At The West End Musicals' performance. Enjoy!

First of all I want to mention that backstage was extremely hot and even with 8 fans I was still boiling in my own sweat. However it didn't help that I was in a huge dress with a blonde wig (I was playing Glinda from Wicked so you may see my made up word 'Glindafied' quite often)

I had four costume changes including an orphan from Annie and a man from Bugsy Malone. Having these costume changes meant that I had little time to get changed between each one not to mention three cheek mic changes. However most of these cheek mics failed me throughout the show. Because of having these costume changes I assigned myself a 'special' dressing room (AKA hospital screen) that was close to the stage as the real dressing rooms were like cellars. You have to go down a couple of flights of stairs to a small room filled with freezers and barrels of drinks. 

Like I mentioned earlier I had to be Glindafied and this included a huge dress. I was not (repeat not) going to test the dress with stairs. Me and stairs are't friends as it is.

The props table is my favorite part of being on stage as things are set up neatly (well neat enough) and you can mess around with other peoples props. Yay!

Thank you for reading and I may come up with some better ideas for blog posts later. 





4 comments:

  1. How cool! Too bad about the heat, but being on stage must be amazing. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it is amazing. I wish it could be my job but for now it is a hobbie. However I have acquired a new job that includes dressing up as princesses for children's parties. I may blog about that later and thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant blog post Bethany still really upset I couldn't come and see you because I was ill but I bet you were brilliant none the less!

    - Ellie Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine Hun you've heard me sing popular loads of times anyway x

      Delete