Saturday 13 June 2015

Top 10 TV Shows I Love

Hello there, me again. I've been thinking recently of new and innovating blog posts that I can come with and well, I've been failing. All my ideas have gone walk abouts and I can't find them anywhere (same can be said for my contact lenses) however I came up with the idea of sharing my favourite TV shows with you so lets get into it because I've got an audition soon!
 
In no particular order!
 
1. Doctor Who
I just love the exciting storylines and unpredictable plot twists of this show. There is always something new to find out every week and I have to say Peter Capaldi is doing well as the new doctor and may swiftly become my favourite. I am notoriously known for being a stereotypical whovian in my family, always taking the stories too far and coming up with new theories. Unfortunately I have not been to a convention so that may have to be a new addition to my bucket list.
 
2. Sherlock
It's obvious to everyone that known me that I am in love with Benedict Cumberbatch and I have to say he does play Sherlock Holmes to a T. Sherlock is written by the same people as Doctor Who so its obviously going to be complicated and witty. I love the comedic aspect to this show and believe Benedict pulls it off brilliantly. I am always on the edge of my seat with this show wondering who killed who and what Moriarty will do next but the ultimate question on my mind is... Will Sherlock and Molly ever get together.
 
 
 
3. Silent Witness
Now this show is a bit gruesome but awesome none the less. You arealways on the edge of your seat and you end up having to kick yourself when you find out who the killer is at the end. The stories are always immaculately planned and complicated to the max but I kinda like a challenge.
 
 
4. Inspector George Gently
This is yet another crime drama and you will see as we go on that I am quite mad on crime dramas. This is set in the 60s at the moment but every series comes a different decade. The story lines aren't as complicated but it has a comedy aspect that is just brilliant. Don't get me wrong the storylines are good just not as hard to figure out.
 
5. The Big Bang Theory
I am obsessed with this show lately and pretty much watch it none stop. The acting is amazing the jokes crack me up every time. So much so I got the box set and I am hiking through series to series. The only thing is that I have only got to series 7 and I cant find series 8 in the shops. However I love this show and like to see Sheldon and Amy's relationship grow. I think the main reason why I like this show is because I can compare it to my life and my friends. I do feel sorry for Raj though.

 6.The Goldbergs
Wow! This show is not only so funny but it is so cute too. My mam loves this as she grew up in the 80s and can relate to it strongly. I love how it shows you the real home videos at the end and dedicates each episode to real event or person in Adams life. It is brilliant.



7. The Syndicate
Wow another crime drama. This is about a group of people who work in a large manor house and they put the lottery on and win 14 million pounds between them. However a young girl has been recorded as missing and the suspects are the people within the group. The acting is amazing and the story always has me on my feet.
 
 
8. Broadchurch
This amazing show
definitely deserved a place on this list. It is brilliant in every way and had me guessing with each episode. don't get me wrong I was late to the party and I still haven't seen series 2 (so no spoilers please) but I really enjoyed series 1 and really want to read the book. All the acting was brilliant and each character had their own story which I loved. The plot is complicated but like I said I love a challenge.
 
9. The Code Of A Killer
This was a one off show on ITV documenting the real events of DNA analysis. John Simm is one of my favourite actors and he definitely did well in this show. It's one of them shows you have to watch every week.
 
10. Top Gear
This is relatively new obsession and a weird one at that. I just love how random it is and the presenters really do make the show. It's basically a show about cars but at least I can be in the conversation when the lads are going on about it.
 Thank you for reading and if you have any TV recommendations just leave them in the comments. Have a good day! X

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love this post!
    - Ellie Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've only just started watching it as I thought it was only about cars but it is pretty funny. I will definitely check out your blog x

      Delete
  3. Great selections! Do you have any romantic british period dramas you recommend? I've seen Call the Midwife, the Paradise, Mr. Selfridge and Downton Abbey and loved them. Any other recs would be appreciated!

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations I will definitely check them out. If you like Mr Selfridge then you may like The Paradise which was on BBC a couple of years ago. There's a lot of romance and definitely a lot of drama. I also wanted to see The Hour which was on in 2011 but I can't find the box set anywhere. I will definitely take a look at your blog though xx

      Delete