Monday 23 February 2015

Song Wrting With Sam Mollison


Hi guys I have recently been on a song writing course with a guy called Sam Mollison. It was very uplifting and inspiring the words he was saying just brought the room to life. I learnt many things on the business and about the music world. I was pleased to know that I could bring my trombone and violin into my music and put my stamp on things. The main thing he taught us though...  Was to be yourself which is my ultimate message. We even went in the recording studio (which I had done once before but only singing covers) but this time I was singing our song that we wrote over the past 3 days. Overall the experience was brilliant and the opportunity was amazing.

I know this post is a bit of a personal one so i'll add a few sneaky tips if any of you want to go into the song writing business

1.       Write the lyrics first-the music can be fit around it

2.       The structure of the song is important. It can be just as good for telling the story as the lyrics

3.       And be yourself!

 

Thanks for reading guys and I hope you liked it. Comment below any tips and tricks you know about song writing and keep smiling!!!!

2 comments: