Monday 15 August 2016

#DairyFree

Hello guys,
I have recently gone dairy free as it clears up your skin and is just a healthier lifestyle. However my energy levels are way low so that's just one thing to consider.

So today I thought I could tell you about my new #DairyFree lifestyle (I'm not calling it a diet) and what I've discovered.

1. Going Diary Free makes you less bloated and clears up your skin so if you have redness like me this definitely helps

2. However you feel less energetic as you have a lack of potassium I have been eating a lot of bananas lately to make up for that. Mixing them up with coconut milk is like the sweetest thing ever.

3. All your favourite sweet things like cakes and brownies. You don't need to miss them. There are dairy free alternatives that taste the same in the Free From aisles and you can make your own by swapping butter for a dairy free alternative like Flora Freedom.

This is what I made by following a shortbread recipe but by swapping the butter. Let me know if any of you are dairy free and let me know of any recipes, especially Ice Cream. (I know using frozen bananas is a good substitute) and thank you for reading xx


2 comments:

  1. It is interesting for me to hear different peoples diets - the only struggle I have is my 'food diary' as my IBS means I have to trial foods to see what makes it flare up.

    - Ellie Xx

    @thatweirdoellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and try some of the yoghurt or something first. Many things u think aren't dairy free are such as Oreos x

      Delete