Friday 8 May 2015

5 Things To Do If Ever In The North East! Xx


Hi, because of the election I am feeling very patriotic so came up with this quaint idea of what to do if you are ever in the North East of England. I have lived in the North East for a very long time, all my life in fact, and I have been to all of these places and I love them greatly. Anyway lets just get into this! Hope you like it and thanks for reading! Xx

(I should of really numbered the pictures but any who)
(going from left to right)

The first one is called Alnwick castle and if any of you are HP or Downton fans then this is the place for you as some scenes from these productions were filmed here. There are also many exibitions on throughout the year about Harry Potter so it is a must see if you are a big fan.

The large mansion below is called Bowes Museum and this also has many exhibitions on throughout the year. It's brilliant if you love history like me.

The third one along is one of my favourites and this is Beamish. It's called the Living Museum of the North because it is like you have gone in the TARDIS and gone back to times of post war. There are actors and the buildings are originals of the era. The pub there was taken from my home town brick by brick and moved to the museum. It is brilliant. (And the fish and chip shop is gorgeous.... Just putting it out there)

The next one is the Sunderland Empire Theatre and if you have seen my previous post about Wicked The Musical then you will know that I have recently been here, but it wasn't my first time. It is such a beautiful theatre and I wish to perform there one day (but I doubt it). Anyway its gorgeous and a lot of west end shows come here whilst touring so its the best place to go if you cant make it to the West End.

And finally the last one. This is the (drum roll please) the Metro Centre. And if any of you like a bit of retail therapy whilst in the North East then this is the place to go as this currently holds more than 340 shops ranging from 'Lush' to 'TOPSHOP'. Because of this it is one of the largest retail parks in Europe. It also has a cinema and a food court (I mean an area just dedicated to food). Some people say this place is like a box of chocolates as it is two layers of pure delight. A brilliant place for your Christmas shopping.

Anyway rant over. Thanks for reading and tell me in the comments if you like these kind of posts. Thank you chums! Xx

2 comments:

  1. You should have mentioned Durham cathedral where most of the outside shots of Harry Potter were filmed and Raby Castle where Henry the eighths relatives lived but.... I do love this post- I love going to beamish - been toooo many times in fact! And the metro centre also went there before I went to see Rixton at Newcastle love it there but you need a full day if you're going. Great blog post hun would love to see more attraction based posts - Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun and I totally forgot about Durham Cathederal and I totally agree with you about going yo the metro. It is definatley a whole day thing x

      Delete